Graphical representation of the mapping of the different actors involved in the service, or the stakeholders. It allows the system to be read and its features to be understood,
including its relations, in a way that involves the stakeholders through indicating their
characteristics, position in the map and a representation of the different relations.
Your opinion is important to us. Evaluate the tool based on your experiences or how you would like to use it.
A Take advantage of the new free "Remote Lab" service. Request an appointment by filling out the form.
Indicazioni emerse dalla esperienza DRLab per l'utilizzo dello strumento.
Instructions for using the template
Premise. This tool can be used to map an existing stakeholders system or to be identified according to the project.
1. Indicate the project title.
2. Identify all the stakeholders (people or groups) and list them with their respective roles and features.
3. Starting from the centre of the map, position the stakeholders most involved in the service who can diversify according to the project goal.
4. In the second band, place the important stakeholder groups, but those less involved in the service.
5. In the third band, place the external stakeholder groups, i.e. those least interested in the service.
6. Indicate for each sector the relations that run between the different groups. Show details and features of these relations, both formal and informal, which can show hierarchies and decision-making systems, as well as eventual bottle-necks and other structural forms.
N.B. An effective map includes stakeholders that can be in contact with the system.Indicate their real roles, in line with project sustainability. Indicate stakeholders too broadly can decrease the tool’s efficacy. E.g. a very large organization can be indicated through its department, branch or office which is more easily in contact with the dynamics of the project.
Download the manual for using the tool. Inside you’ll find an introduction, instructions for completing it independently, some practical tips, the template (A3 format) and an example of how to fill it out. Here you can also download only the template in A3 and A1 formats.
Share your experience with us and strengthen your skills.
Use this form if you want to share your experience of using the tool with us, or if you have doubts and if you want to use it but you don't know how.