This tool allows you to design guidelines for creating prototypes of design ideas. The template defines the steps to follow to obtain a prototype that represents a more or less tangible component of a service to create a first experiential form of the service itself. Filling in the form helps the team in designing the prototype
Your opinion is important to us. Evaluate the tool based on your experiences or how you would like to use it.
Take advantage of the new free "Remote Lab" service. Request an appointment by filling out the form.
Indications emerged from the DRLab experience for the use of the tool.
Instructions for using the template
1. Indicate the project title.
2. Define the question that guides the prototyping.
3. Define the object for prototyping, which might mean a whole service or just a part. This can be an experience or a process, of physical objects or products, contexts or spaces,software or digital products, or even systems.
4. Indicate the resources available for prototyping. These include: economic resources, materials, places, people and data known to the project at the centre of the prototyping.
5. Structuring the actions of each prototype construction phase. At this point keep in mind:
- the choice of context, actors, techniques
- how to use the chosen materials and at what level of fidelity and detail to develop the prototype
- which tools to use for data collection (e.g. photographs, videos)
- how to collect, store and analyze data and feedback.
6. Define the results that needs to be obtained according to the question and the prototyping goal.
N.B. The compilation of the template can refer to:
- the prototyping of a whole service or only a part of it
- a collection of phases or a single phase (e.g. a phase identified with the “service blueprint”) tool
Download the manual for using the tool. Inside you’ll find an introduction, instructions for completing it independently, some practical tips, the template (A3 format) and an example of how to fill it out. Here you can also download only the template in A3 and A1 formats.
Share your experience with us and strengthen your skills.
Use this form if you want to share your experience of using the tool with us, or if you have doubts and if you want to use it but you don't know how.